10 Сен Rainy day ideas in Barcelona!
Yes, today it’s raining in Barcelona… That doesn’t mean the fun is over, not at all! In fact, there are several things to do in the city that will allow you to forget the wet atmosphere for a while and enjoy your holidays doing something different!
Here we propose to you some of the things that you could do:
– Aquarium: Even though it could be quite full during a rainy day, Barcelona’s Aquarium is one of the biggest in Spain and one of the biggest of the world regarding Mediterranean species. If you are staying with us, you can buy your tickets in our website, or directly ask in the Front Desk of Arc La Rambla Hotel. We will be glad to assist you. 🙂
– Sagrada Familia: There will be queues, by sure, but once inside, you will be protected from the rain and enjoying a beautiful piece of art from the master Gaudí. If you want to skip the line, in our Front Desk you will find a “skip-the-line tour”, prebook it with us, and everything will be smooth
– Frederic Marès Museum: If you are walking next to the Cathedral and the rain suprises you, you have an original option that not so many tourists know in Barcelona. This Museum is an art ans sculpture museum in Barcelona that contains the collection of thousands of items donated to the city by the artist Frederic Marès.
– National Art Museum of Catalonia: In the Montjuic area, next to Plça Espanya you will find the national museum of Catalan visual art. The museum is especially notable for its outstanding collection of Romanesque church paintings, and for Catalan art and design from the late 19th and 20th century including modernism, the top art style in Catalonia.
– Picasso Museum: It has one of the most extensive collections of artworks by the Spanish artist Pablo Picasso, divided in five adjoining medieval palaces located in Montcada Street. This area also has many small boutiques and restaurants so you can spend some time shopping and tasting real good meals.
– Born Cultural Centre: First and loveliest thing: it’s for free. Then, this new museum has impressive excavations where you can explore the insights of the city around the 18th century.
– Barcelona City History Museum (MUHBA): This museum conserves, communicates and exhibits the historical heritage of the city of Barcelona, from its origins in Roman times until the present day.
Movies in English
Even if it’s not the first thing to cross over your mind while thinking what to do in Barcelona, watching a film is quite good for a rainy day! In the city we have several cinemas that play movies in original languages (VO or Versión Original).
These cinemas can be found in different corners of the city:
– Renoir: Floridablanca Street, 135, 08011
– Yelmo Icaria: Salvador Espriu Street, 61, 08005
– Balmes Multicines: Balmes Street,
– Verdi Cinemas: Torrijos Street, 49, 08012
Shopping under roof protected of the rain it’s one of the most popular options in Barcelona. We have many excellent shopping malls divided in the districts of Barcelona:
– L’Illa Diagonal: Is one of the most popular and exclusive shopping centers in Barcelona. It is located on the top of Diagonal Avenue, close to the Royal Palace’s Gardens.
– El Triangle: This one is the most centric mall, as it is located in Catalonia Square.
– Maremagnum: The closest one to our hotel Arc La Rambla and opening 365 days a year! You will find it at the end of La Rambla
– Diagonal Mar: Close to the sea in the lower right corner of Barcelona. Even though is quite far from the centre, the space is big and the atmosphere relaxing.
– Las Arenas: One of the formers bull fighting rings in Barcelona now is converted into a mall with the top brand name shops and several restaurants and activities.
That’s all for today! We hope you don’t get wet! 😉