11 Lug IN SUMMER DAYS, GAZPACHO RULES: Get the easy recipe!
Summer has finally arrived, and due to these high temperatures, we needed to recommend something special for these hot and melting days…
Gazpacho is a cool and refreshing soup, used as a starter in a hot summer day. Even though this soup is usually attached and original from the southern part of Spain, the emigration flows inside the country several years ago, we can find this amazing meal even if we are in Barcelona.
Gazpacho is tasty, flavorful, refreshing and very healthy, as it is made from nothing but fresh vegetables and a little bit of oil and vinegar. And the best part of it: No more than 30 minutes to prepare it!
Are you in a hurry? Don’t you have time to prepare some refreshing food for upcoming guests in your place? Are you missing Barcelona and all the delicious food that you ate in there?
Below, you will find the instructions and ingredients needed to make Gazpacho for 5 people.
- · 1.5 kilos of tomatoes
- · 100 grams of white bread
- · 2 cucumbers
- · 2 green bell pepper
- · 1 small onion
- · 3 cloves of garlic
- · 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- · 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- · Salt and pepper
- 1. Put water to boil in a saucepan while you clean the vegetables under water.
- 2. Peel the cucumbers, onion and garlic and cut them into pieces along with the green peppers. Put them inside of a blender.
- 3. Once water is boiled, turn off the heat and place the washed tomatoes into the boiling water and wait for a minute.
- 4. While you wait, you can place a little bit of water inside a bowl to plunge the bread in order to soften it. Then, squeeze a little bit to maintain some water inside and add it to the blender.
- 5. Carefully remove the tomatoes from the hot water and peel them, as due to the high temperature, the skin will rub off easily. Cut them into pieces and add them to the blender.
- 6. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. If all the ingredients do not fit at once, you can do it by separate
- 7. Pour the mixture into a glass or plastic bottle (never metalic) and then add the oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8. Stir it well shaking the bottle and refrigerate for one hour.
The nice part of it is that you can prepare it as a “juice” and leave it in a bottle inside the fridge for several days, in order to enjoy it whenever you want!
As its composition is kind of thick, you can eat it from a bowl or you can drink it directly from the glass.
If you eat it like a soup, you can add croutons, chopped onion, Iberian ham and even chopped boiled eggs!
Try it, and you will enjoy a traditional tasteful meal!