16 oct. Green beans & ham – Catalan Starter
Looking for the perfect appetizer for this autumn? Look no further! Today we are glad to present you a recipe that you can use during this weekend with your kith to remember when you spent those marvelous days in Barcelona, or to prepare to the ones coming!
This recipe, traditionally made in Catalonia, is perfect for entertaining guests or having a healthy snack…
Of course, there are many variations of this traditional dish, as its ingredients are very combinable with others as chorizo or bacon instead of ham; and sometimes even tomato.
It’s a healthy and tasteful Mediterranean plate, typically served warm but suitable to eat all year-round.
The best part is that preparation and cooking time takes around 30 minutes, which is great.
- 1 kg of green beans
- 100 gr sliced ham
- 3 minced tomatoes
- 2 garlic’s cloves
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic previously minced and once it’s starting to get the tan, add the Iberian ham chopped into little pieces. Once it is tanned or browned, you move it apart in a separate dish.
- In the meanwhile you can boil water and start boiling the green beans.
- Once the green beans are boiled (5-10 minutes), in the same saucepan that you used before, throw them previously cleaned and strained, and cook them for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Just before moving away the saucepan from the fire, add the chopped tomato and leave it for 3-5 minutes until it becomes a little bit dryer.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and while is hot, add the pieces of Iberian ham and the minced garlic and mix it.
Try it and tell us! 😉
Check out our other blog posts for more traditional recipes, perfect for any time of year!